Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 178
1UZ-FE Winch Challenge Truck
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:

Author Topic: 1UZ-FE Winch Challenge Truck  (Read 17225 times)

Offline Jafa

• New Zealand
    • View Profile
    • 4wd.net.nz ----- Home of the Supra Conversion
    • Email
1UZ-FE Winch Challenge Truck
« on: November 23, 2006, 08:15:54 PM »
Hi Guys,
Nice to see another 1UZ site!, particularly as its focused on sticking them into Toyota trucks  ;D
This is the start of a buildup of a Winch Challenge truck powered buy Toyota's finest engine. I can hear all you Americans sayin WTF is a Winch Challenge Truck?? Now I've followed a lot of builds on Pirate and Marlin's boards as well as Trail gears, and i havnt seen anything like a winch challenge truck being built, so it may be of interest to you  ;D. Think of a cross between rockcrawling, WRC rallying, and the Baja 1000  ;) heres a link to a local 4x4 magazine that has a nice description http://www.4x4action.co.nz/winch_trucks.html

Winch Trucks

Vehicles are road legal and some have been highly modified for this type of sport. Modifications include a compulsory full roll cage, Harnesses, Body and Suspension Lifts, Winches, Extreme Mud Tyres, Light bars (for night stages).
Vehicle types range from Suzuki Vitara's to Toyota Hilux's to Range Rovers to Nissan GU's

Anyways my 1UZ is on the floor in my shed and we are ready to go

Heres a few pics of winch trucks in action

« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 08:32:09 PM by Jafa »
I have motivational issues....and I don't care

Offline 91_4x4runner

• Global Moderator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - aimislame15
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1UZ-FE Winch Challenge Truck
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 07:36:16 AM »
Looks like an awesome build-up and I can't wait to see more. Also, I hope that your front sump doesn't foul on the front differential of your vehicle if it's got a solid front axle.
91 4Runner
78 280Z
92 SC400

Offline Cebby

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Cebby66
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 10:31:30 PM »
Sounds like a great build!  You can check out Guts' build on Lextreme.  He purpose built his 1UZ ute to compete also.  Here's his 1UZ conversion thread also.

Welcome aboard!  We hope to build some great knowledge here specific to what we're doing!
TOOLandFAB.com
A discussion forum dedicated to tools, fabrication & workshops

Offline Jafa

• New Zealand
    • View Profile
    • 4wd.net.nz ----- Home of the Supra Conversion
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 10:53:54 PM »
Hi Cebby,
Yer I have read, re-read and re-read again his build. His has turned out really nice. I hope mine half as good as that ;)
How is your beast comin along? too much time fawking around on here I fear ;D

Heres a few pics of this weekends progress

Perfectly good 1989 LN65 Hilux (New Zealand new) Original engine - 2.4l Diesel, 5 speed G52, 4.88 diffs (LSD Rear)
Car has done 380,000 kms but is still in pretty good condition all things considered.

35 x 11.5 x 15 Simex Extreme Trekkers, basically the largest tires the rules allow, great in the mud ;D

30spline Longfields - the secret to a bulletproof front axle

The basic plan is this
Single cab Hilux
1UZ and auto mated to a custom transfercase adapter incorporating a PTO for the mid mounted hydraulic winch
coil rear with double triangulated 4 link
4.5 ratios
dual reduction boxes (2.28 x 2.28)
Fox 2" coilovers on the front with a 3 link
I'll add more to the list as I think of it  :P

I have motivational issues....and I don't care

Offline Cebby

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Cebby66
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 11:25:52 PM »
How is your beast comin along? too much time fawking around on here I fear ;D

Ain't that the truth...  I got word that the building I'm doing my build in is likely being torn down so the land will sell quicker...  I guess I need to step things up a bit.
TOOLandFAB.com
A discussion forum dedicated to tools, fabrication & workshops

Offline ice_spy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 05:30:59 AM »
Just about finished my project, 84 4runner live diff 1uz. I bought the engine on 5th Jan 07 and is now 2-3 weeks from completion. I have done the build all myself at home with basic tools and knowledge. With a Haltech ECU and loom, engine and bits so far its cost me approx $4000. i iwll post oics very soon and explain what i had to do to get this thing in there. :o Look out tuff truck challange!!! ;D P.S. do you want to sell those 35's to get your project up and running
??
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 05:34:14 AM by ice_spy »
88 4runner, 84 solid diff rail, ARB 2" susp.,ARB front whinch bar, SAFARI snorkle, custom rear bar, 3"body lift, 8"CSA mags, BFG' 32"s, and of course 1UZ-FE !