Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:

Author Topic: Cebby's 93 4Runner 1UZ swap  (Read 115796 times)

Offline toylexus

• View Profile
Re: Cebby's 93 4Runner 1UZ swap
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2012, 10:02:26 PM »
Hey! Your project looks about the same as the one i'm working on! Except.... i've had to officially give up on mine  :'(. Too many complications, with the most recent being the owner where i work tired of looking at it for the last 6 years. So it got towed out of there. That was about three weeks ago. The project was not technically even my own vehicle... hopefully you can keep yours alive, Cebby!

Offline toylexus

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2012, 10:24:08 PM »
.....and reading through the thread... i obviously never moved out of california, either. But- Mikronized did move over there. He's in Philly somewhere! This whole thing was his project.

Offline Cebby

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Cebby66
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2015, 12:52:13 PM »
First off, sad to say that there's no new tech here.

This project has been permanently shelved.  I started back on this and the rust on the 4Runner was too severe (body AND frame) to warrant throwing any money at it.  Sitting in my yard for a couple of years pushed the 4Runner into the not worth saving category.  It spent 12 years on the road in the rust belt and a couple sitting out (was never garaged when it was operable either so that didn't help).  It's gone now - all the good stuff stripped off.

Like a lot of projects, started off with good intentions and a decent plan but life got in the way.  I've restored all the pics I could find (almost all of them), but there won't be any new tech added to this unless something crazy happens.

I have another (non-Toyota) project waiting in the wings, so an additional part of the demise of the UZ swap was having 2 inoperable vehicles on my property.  The Mrs wasn't standing for it...

In the end, I finally got a running Toyota V8 after all - in the form of a Sequoia family hauler.
TOOLandFAB.com
A discussion forum dedicated to tools, fabrication & workshops