Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:

Author Topic: Engine Management  (Read 4768 times)

Offline 91_4x4runner

• Global Moderator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - aimislame15
    • View Profile
    • Email
Engine Management
« on: July 01, 2007, 09:32:50 PM »
For my first project, I'm going to use the stock ECU and wiring harness. Later on if I enjoy the 1UZ, I plan on getting another and putting a set of turbo's on it. Similar to Justen from Lextreme, using a stock, unopened block.

I've looked at Megasquirt, Autronic, Wolf, Adaptronic, etc. My main interest is to get the best tune and reliability with the least amount of work. Cost is also a pretty big factor. Megasquirt seems to be the cheapest method and it seems a number of people have worked with them on other engines (haven't looked for it with a 1UZ).

For those of you that have run/tuned or are planning to run an aftermarket ECU, what do you recommend?
91 4Runner
78 280Z
92 SC400

Offline Sic Lux

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Engine Management
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 06:13:55 AM »
I will be setting mine up from day dot with a microtec lt10s (will have nitrous on it at some stage) from the looks and talk on other forums it looks the best bang for buck deal over here and you get them with a pre loaded base map then if you want it fine tuned give it a run on the dyno. Motec would be nice but $ is a big factor
94 Hilux 35's with staun internals twin locked longfield cv's 4.7 trail gearset TG hi steer plenty more goodies and looking for a new heart
80 Series landcruiser 4.2 turbo 3in exhaust rear locked 33's