Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 178
Oil Filter Mount
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:

Author Topic: Oil Filter Mount  (Read 7010 times)

Offline Smitherz

• ICQ Messenger - 39901198
    • MSN Messenger - ryan@westcoastmafia.com
    • View Profile
    • Fourwheelforum
Oil Filter Mount
« on: October 27, 2006, 10:46:37 PM »
Ok I am not sure how my filter will fit in relation to the frame but I wouldn't mind relocating it. I saw a Toyota Tundra in the shop today and looked at the oil filter location. It seems that they are off the same corner but the adapter is swept forward maybe 5-6 inches of the Lexus. I bet that would bolt onto the 1UZ in case someone needed to locate thier filter forward. If I had my camera I would have taken a picture. If I see another one come through I will.
Professional Garage Monkey / http://www.fourwheelforum.com/

Offline Cebby

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Cebby66
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Oil Filter Mount
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 11:08:46 PM »
You are right, the 2UZ (Tundra) parts WILL fit the 1UZ block.  My LS400 motor has a huge mount that just won't work with the 4Runner frame.  I had heard that the SC400 mount was much smaller and will fit though.  (You can tell the differnece between the LS and SC motors easily.  The LS is front sump, the SC is rear.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 11:13:38 PM by Cebby »
TOOLandFAB.com
A discussion forum dedicated to tools, fabrication & workshops

Offline 91_4x4runner

• Global Moderator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - aimislame15
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 10:30:17 PM »
So I've been looking for a remote oil filter mount for my swap. I'm not 100% sure I would really need it for clearance, but getting the oil filter in an easy to get to place is my concern. I was looking on SummitRacing and they have a dual oil filter setup, have any of you guys seen these or know if the benefits are worthy?

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=remote+oil&N=700+115+4294907647&Ntk=KeywordSearch
91 4Runner
78 280Z
92 SC400

Offline ice_spy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 04:24:32 AM »
I replaced mine with another part number filter (1 that is smaller) because i was on a budget and every mod adds up to more money. The remote set ups are good for location but they make your pump work harder if you mount it too far away from its origial position. I can replace my filter without having to pull/ lift the engine. And most important i have 15-20mm clearance for engineers pass. I will post the part number if anyone wants to know which one i found that fits.
88 4runner, 84 solid diff rail, ARB 2" susp.,ARB front whinch bar, SAFARI snorkle, custom rear bar, 3"body lift, 8"CSA mags, BFG' 32"s, and of course 1UZ-FE !

Offline freddy4runner

• MSN Messenger - bj_73@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 03:40:59 AM »
Has anyone tried to use the Toyota D2 oil filter rather than the longer D4 that is used standard on these motors. The D2 is a lot shorter than the D4 but the same diameter and thread. I can see any issues at this point but I have not got my engine running as yet.
1995 4runner sr5 v6 limited with alloy bullbar, 2" OME lift and spotties, 32" BFG'S. 1UZFE in the garage being prepared for installation.