Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 178
Sump Location
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:

Author Topic: Sump Location  (Read 17326 times)

Offline Cebby

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Cebby66
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sump Location
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 11:53:18 PM »
James - there are pics in my build up thread near the end of the two side by side.  I'm out of town now, but can take better pics when I return.
TOOLandFAB.com
A discussion forum dedicated to tools, fabrication & workshops

Offline jmcreely

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007, 03:04:49 AM »
Thanks but those pics should be fine.  if I could source a 2uz sump it looks to have a pan shaped to clear the front diff but will probably struggle to find one.

Looks like I'll probably be going the modded front sump route.

Offline jmcreely

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 02:09:35 AM »
Managed to track down a front sump in the UK so I'll be swapping mine and hopefully with a few mods the engine will finally go in.

Offline freddy4runner

• MSN Messenger - bj_73@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 03:37:38 AM »
Cebby, i am only going off what i have read about the alloy section of the sump being an integral part of the blocks structure. I am not an engineer so i can not be 100% on my comment. However the alloy section of my sump on my SC 400 92model 1uz-fe is quite large with only a small metal pan for the actual oil capacity and pick up section. I will try to post some pics.
 The rear sump clears everything for my installation, but as you know when doin a custom engine install its almost guareented all trucks will be different. IFS, SAS, right or left hand drive, year model, aircon, PAS, non original parts, too many varients.
I didnt think about cross over steer set up! youve got me there, but with my engine up higher i think this will not be an issue if i was to change to crossover. ( I wish i had the money for this set up!) but i have to do what is needed the most first..... like more power with a 1uz !. I cant wait to get my truck back from the auto elecky. I will cruise for a week or 2 then off to see the engineer to get it all legal.
   As the bottom end is 6 bolt mains, deep ressed crank, i think a modded alloy section of the sump will not affect its strenght a great deal, but i think heat dissapation between cast iron and alloy is not a good thing? like putting a cast iron inlet manifold on an all alloy chev v8. i have been told its better to have all alloy enigine , or all cast. Again im not an expert in this area, only what i have been told by others and read in articles.
Hey ice_spy
what is your 1UZ-FE out of, soarer, LS400 etc? also who wired up your truck? and have you had any issues running a manual.
Your truck looks good, will have to come up a go for a 4B with you some time soon.

Cheers mate (hot415 r/c tech)
1995 4runner sr5 v6 limited with alloy bullbar, 2" OME lift and spotties, 32" BFG'S. 1UZFE in the garage being prepared for installation.

Offline Sic Lux

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 07:11:44 AM »
I need a rear sump which came with rear sump soarer or LS?
94 Hilux 35's with staun internals twin locked longfield cv's 4.7 trail gearset TG hi steer plenty more goodies and looking for a new heart
80 Series landcruiser 4.2 turbo 3in exhaust rear locked 33's

Offline Cebby

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Cebby66
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 11:06:32 AM »
Soarer came with rear sump.
TOOLandFAB.com
A discussion forum dedicated to tools, fabrication & workshops

Offline Sic Lux

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 05:21:04 AM »
Cheer's for that
94 Hilux 35's with staun internals twin locked longfield cv's 4.7 trail gearset TG hi steer plenty more goodies and looking for a new heart
80 Series landcruiser 4.2 turbo 3in exhaust rear locked 33's