Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 178
1uz into 1996 T100
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:

Author Topic: 1uz into 1996 T100  (Read 8516 times)

Offline am_works

• View Profile
    • Email
1uz into 1996 T100
« on: November 03, 2009, 12:22:27 PM »
Hi, Im new here from socal. I have a 1996 T100 EX cab, that currently has a 3.4 with a 5spd 4x trans. long travel front and rear, 35" tires. The 4x is not hooked up and there is no front diff. I would like more power and want to get rid of the extra weight of the 4x.

- what motor should i look for? (socal smog says i need a 96' or newer motor)
- what trans would hold up to the desert ? I would like 5spd or 6spd but if the cost would be less, auto?

BTW If i do this swap, I would like to move the motor back about 12in back.  ;D

Offline adrenalinejunkie4ever

• Fly HiGh Or DiE tRyInG!!
  • if i was made by toyota maybe i would live forever
    • AOL Instant Messenger - adrenaljunkie
    • View Profile
Re: 1uz into 1996 T100
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 09:34:38 AM »
hey hows it goings, i wish i lived in a desert area i would love to build a prerunner, i havent done my swap yet, and i dont know much about cali regs but...

i have fallen in love with the lexus v8 so it is deffinately my choice, the later then 96 models can be had all aluminm with vvti and more then 300hp stock, if you swap in the lexus auto, advanced adaptors sells a 4x4 adapter for the auto trans and gear transfer, or you can scrap th 4x4 like you said and run the lexus trans but you will need to adapt the output for the driveshaft, for 25$ on ebay you can get the cad file and have an adapter machined at your local machince shop that will let you run a r154 5spd behind the 1uz, 2uz, and 3uz engines, marlin www.marlincrawler.com sells a race built r154 trans that should be plenty strong, with the extra roon in the t100 you can probably fit some shorty ss headers from the tundra on the 1uz or 3uz to give you more power
KRAZY KROG

Offline Cebby

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Cebby66
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 01:11:27 PM »
TOOLandFAB.com
A discussion forum dedicated to tools, fabrication & workshops

Offline adrenalinejunkie4ever

• Fly HiGh Or DiE tRyInG!!
  • if i was made by toyota maybe i would live forever
    • AOL Instant Messenger - adrenaljunkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 03:46:23 AM »
yea i think it did, i used to ebay alot, mainly before i joined the army, its really easy lol, i think the guy wanted $20 off of ebay and $25 on ebay, but with identidity theft and everything else i stick to paypall as much as i can, my teamate here bought a $4500 trip to dubia egypt, however you spell it, only problem was he didnt know, it took him awhile to get it straightnd out..

speaking of ebay, i dont know how much bigger the t100 engine bay is but these looked pretty
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SC400-Lexus-Headers-1UZ-FE-Extractors-Soarer-Supra-V8_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e58ee864dQQitemZ130341045837QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts

i was thinking, and like i said i dont know anything about your cali smog rules except that im glad i dont have to fight that! can you move set your engine back for wieght distribution and smog it at all?
KRAZY KROG

Offline am_works

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 01:15:15 PM »
Thanks for the help guys, I have been researching this for a while and would like to run the r154 5spd. I came across one at a good price but low on funds right now (broke my T100 and my Tundra)

I dont see why moving the engine back would be a problem, I am more concerned with the 1uz and the fuel cell.

Offline Smitherz

• ICQ Messenger - 39901198
    • MSN Messenger - ryan@westcoastmafia.com
    • View Profile
    • Fourwheelforum
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 09:11:02 PM »
Hey dude did you ever see the Link Racing Lexus V8 desert race truck? It had the engine pushed back exactly like you have envisioned. :D
Professional Garage Monkey / http://www.fourwheelforum.com/