Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:

Author Topic: How to find a wrecked car...  (Read 4632 times)

Offline Man4God

• View Profile
    • Email
How to find a wrecked car...
« on: October 09, 2009, 09:45:21 PM »
What is the best place to find a totaled car?  Craigslist? Ebay? Junk Yards? 

Offline Cebby

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Cebby66
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How to find a wrecked car...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 07:02:56 AM »
LS400's are becoming easier and easier to find in the junk yards around here.  I've not checked eBay or CL, but I'd bet they are full of them too.  SC400's are harder to find.
TOOLandFAB.com
A discussion forum dedicated to tools, fabrication & workshops

Offline toylexus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 05:01:31 PM »
If you shoot Mikronized a PM, he might be able to tell you where his came from. i'm working on the swap for him. He did all the footwork to get the engine. In the end, i believe he got it from a wrecking yard based in New York, and it was shipped complete engine/transmission/wiring harness/computer on a pallet for about $900-$1000. It shipped straight to the dealership i work at without incident. If you can get a VIN and carfax it beforehand, that would be recommended.

Offline Man4God

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 09:20:44 PM »
Sweet info!  I did some more searching around and found a ton of auction sites and almost all the wrecked cars start out at $1000 or so.  I have to look for a 97 of some sort to get the swap done CA legal. 

I did a ton of driving around today for my wife's appraisal job and while I love the off-road ability of the 4Runner (it came in handy today), I hate the lack of guts the 3.4 has.  You have to flog it all the time to get it to go anywhere.  Having some V8 grunt will be awesome.