Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:

Author Topic: Lexus hydraulic fan pump/and fan pulley bracket  (Read 10829 times)

Offline toylexus

• View Profile
Lexus hydraulic fan pump/and fan pulley bracket
« on: June 17, 2009, 08:17:59 PM »
Just in case anyone was having a hard time trying to find one of these, (i can't find one used in the area i live) here's the info and pictures i used to obtain my setup. i found the bracket on ebay motors using the keywords "toyota tundra cooling fan pulley bracket". i couldn't find a pulley, so i went looking on the web and came across www.toyotapartscenter.net and found a pulley. i looked up a 2003 toyota tundra. The pulley is #12 in the illustration. In the catalog, it's under cooling system. The bracket by itself was $93.99 shipped (from ebay motors), and the pulley was $53.64 shipped (from toyota). i don't have pictures of it yet, but i did test fit the bracket on the engine yesterday and it slid right into place.

Here's the new bracket.

4.5" diameter approximately of new pulley.

4.5" diameter approximately of lexus fan pump pulley.

Comparison of old lexus fan pump assembly and new fan pulley bracket assembly.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:25:43 PM by toylexus »

Offline Smitherz

• ICQ Messenger - 39901198
    • MSN Messenger - ryan@westcoastmafia.com
    • View Profile
    • Fourwheelforum
Re: Lexus hydraulic fan pump/and fan pulley bracket
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 08:31:49 AM »
Very good! Yeah this is one of the common conversions that every 1UZ swapper has to do I got mine from a guy in Texas for $140 shipped complete. It was from a Tundra as well and fits perfect. Great to see you found the parts brand new for nearly that. I could have looked a little harder I guess. =]
Professional Garage Monkey / http://www.fourwheelforum.com/

Offline toylexus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 08:33:33 PM »
Yeah.. i was pretty stoked about that. i pulled out the idler pulley and the tensioner pulleys today and realized those bearings weren't doing so well. i went by napa after work and they were closed, so i ran over to carquest and they had the one for the tensioner pulley in stock for 12 bucks and change, and the idler pulley bearing they had to order for 23 bucks and change. So for about $35 i can replace the bearings and clean up the pulleys without having to spend the bank on new pulleys!  ;D

Offline toylexus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 08:29:39 PM »
...and to follow up, i did get the 2nd bearing today. i stayed after work and used the bearing press and popped out the old and busted bearings and pressed in the new bearings into the pulleys. They fit! i also looked up pulley prices yesterday. To replace both pulleys from a lexus dealer, it would run in the ball park of about $130. Definitely cheaper to replace the bearings.