Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 178
Introduction
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 5507 times)

Offline iansnev

• AUSI LOST IN WONDERFULL THAILAND
  • I am on the left of the photo
    • MSN Messenger - isn911@HOTMAIL.COM
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - IANSNEV@YAHOO.COM
    • View Profile
    • Email
Introduction
« on: September 13, 2007, 12:23:14 AM »
I would like to introduce my self to every one.
My name is Ian and I am an Australian who lives in Bangkok Thailand. I relocated my business here from Australia a while back due to the every increasing costs of manufacturing back in Australia. Things have worked out very well, I have a great team of people working with me in the new venture and life is generally very nice here. The only thing I miss it my toys which are back in OZ. So I am building a sports car, the design I purchased from Haynes in the UK and the car will be powered by a 4.0 Toyota V8. So far I have built the main chassis and now i am comming to terms with the motor and its wiring. Thanks to the people who have posted many helpfull things on this site. I hope I can also pass on what I will fine as I do my project to other who are in need. A big Thanks to Andrew S who introduced me to this site. he also lives close by me in Thailand  :)
Ian in Thailand

Offline 91_4x4runner

• Global Moderator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - aimislame15
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 04:25:25 PM »
Welcome to UZSwap; I hope you enjoy your stay.

Do you plan on keeping the motor stock? Any idea on  which transmission you're going to use? Stock engine management or after-market?
91 4Runner
78 280Z
92 SC400

Offline iansnev

• AUSI LOST IN WONDERFULL THAILAND
  • I am on the left of the photo
    • MSN Messenger - isn911@HOTMAIL.COM
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - IANSNEV@YAHOO.COM
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 07:45:37 PM »
At this stage the motor will remain stock how ever i will run an aftermarket ECU. The transmision is an auto which came with the motor. The transmision I will turn into a manual change only. The main focus is to build the car, once this is finished the motor can be played with at a later stage. Having said that it should push the little car along very well, dont you think ? Best regards Ian
Ian in Thailand

Offline Smitherz

• ICQ Messenger - 39901198
    • MSN Messenger - ryan@westcoastmafia.com
    • View Profile
    • Fourwheelforum
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 11:37:11 PM »
Hey glad to see you around here. I hope to see some pictures of your work sometime. I'm doing all sorts of mods to my engine before I put it in my truck. I would have liked to see what my truck made with the stock engine on the dyno just for fun. Then I could compare it to the dyno runs later on as I add the modifications. This is not the case though. I have done all sorts of things for more power already and I haven't even put it in my truck yet.

I recommend getting your whole car together and just making the stock engine work for now. It sounds like your project is a big one and might get expensive =]
Professional Garage Monkey / http://www.fourwheelforum.com/