Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:

Author Topic: Northeast Source for UZ engines - Motorworks of NY  (Read 3510 times)

Offline Cebby

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Cebby66
    • View Profile
    • Email
Northeast Source for UZ engines - Motorworks of NY
« on: October 21, 2006, 07:27:35 PM »
I was pretty happy with the experience I had with Motorworks of NY.  I used a buy-it-now on eBay to purchase my 1UZ.  The cost was $1000 to my door ($850 for the motor and $150 shipping).

Mine is a JDM variant (JDM stands for Japanese Domestic Market) which means it came over on a container after being pulled from a vehicle in Japan..  I has a sticker on it that claims the equivalent of about 30,000 miles on the motor.  I did this deal before I knew about what to ask for and other parts that I would need.  I feel confident that these guys would do everything they could to provide all the parts asked for.  My motor came without any accessories - no PS pump, AC pump, or alternator.  Let's not forget the AFM (air flow meter),  ignitors (which I still need BTW), ECU and an uncut harness.

After pulling the cam covers, oilpan, water pump and other various parts, I can say with some certainty that this motor is in like-new condition.  Definitely worth the bucks.  The only thing that could have made it better was having all the  accessories...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 07:58:48 PM by Cebby »
TOOLandFAB.com
A discussion forum dedicated to tools, fabrication & workshops