Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 178
'92 4Runner 3VZ w/5-speed manual trans swap with a 1UZFE
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:

Author Topic: '92 4Runner 3VZ w/5-speed manual trans swap with a 1UZFE  (Read 7041 times)

Offline PAhydrohead

• View Profile
    • Email
'92 4Runner 3VZ w/5-speed manual trans swap with a 1UZFE
« on: January 30, 2010, 11:45:07 AM »
I'm about to start a swap that is a long time coming.  I live in Pittsburgh, PA and I have been following Cebby's mods on his 4Runner since the beginning.  The head gasket on my 3.slow blew for the second time at 200,000+ miles and my truck has sat inside in storage since late 2006.  Orginally, I was going to transplant a supercharged 3rd gen 3.4L V6 into the truck but now the V8 transplant is much more enticing.

I have been trying to read up on as much info before I begin firing out questions but anybody that has done this swap with a MANUAL trans, please chime in so I can read up on what have you done.  What I would REALLY like to know is if anyone has swapped a 1UZFE into a 2nd gen 4Runner, been able to keep the stock 5-speed AND installed a crawler from Marlin, Inchworm or some other manufacturer.  So far, I haven't found anyone that has done this.

I have an Excel spreadsheet where I am compiling all the parts I think I need.  Updates and photos to come!

Below is my 4Runner back in 2003 before I began modifying it.  Now it has 4Crawler ball joint spacers, a 1.5" body lift, Cruiser coils, 33 x 12.5" BFG MTs on Alcoa rims.  I'm hoping that the 1.5" body lift will provide enough clearance to stuff the 1UZ in the engine bay and get the exhaust out using the stock 1UZ manifolds.  We will see!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 07:34:24 PM by PAhydrohead »

Offline Cebby

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Cebby66
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: '92 4Runner 3VZ w/5-speed manual trans swap with a 1UZFE
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 07:17:52 AM »
Hi Bill!
TOOLandFAB.com
A discussion forum dedicated to tools, fabrication & workshops

Offline PAhydrohead

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 09:37:44 PM »
Hi Bill!
Hi Cebby!

My eyes are going crazy, I spent most of day today reading your build-up thread here and on Marlin's site.  Is there a long story short as to what ever happened with your swap?  I'm almost afraid to ask.  Hopefully, you're just busy like me trying to run a company and make a living. 

Bill

Offline Cebby

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Cebby66
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 11:32:16 PM »
Yup, life and business keeps getting in the way.  I'm enjoying my kids and working on it when I can.

Right now, my 4Runner is covered in snow.  Finally got a heater in my garage, but it's taking a while to clear a space for it.
TOOLandFAB.com
A discussion forum dedicated to tools, fabrication & workshops