Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 178
My rig.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:

Author Topic: My rig.  (Read 17467 times)

Offline bushwhacker

• View Profile
    • Email
My rig.
« on: October 03, 2008, 03:54:39 PM »
Hey people, thought I start a thread to show-off my truck (originally a 2.4L turbo diesel) as there doesn't seem to be a members rigs section. ;)
Anyhoo, total modifications (so far....)

2" body lift.
Landcruiser rear springs which gives a 3" lift.
Pro-comp ES3000 shocks.
Torsion bars cranked up to raise the front.
Drop brackets for the panhard rod and rear sway bar drop links.
Rear wiper assembly removed for a cleaner look to the rear end.
Roofrails.
Side steps removed.
Ford side repeater lights on front fenders.
Rear spoiler with integral stoplight.

and of course, a 1uz-fe engine and A342e transmission. ;D

Hope you like.

Now lets see yours. :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 03:56:25 PM by bushwhacker »
Keep on truckin'!

Offline blackrunner91

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: My rig.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 06:31:03 PM »
Bushwacker, your truck looks awesome.  Those must also be the Austrailian spec taillights.  I like them better. 

Offline 91_4x4runner

• Global Moderator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - aimislame15
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 09:10:43 AM »
I agree. It looks very clean..

What sort of economy have you been getting from it?
91 4Runner
78 280Z
92 SC400

Offline bushwhacker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 01:13:28 PM »
Thanks guys, lets see your trucks then. :)
I've been de-chroming today, door handles, door mirrors and windshield surround mainly because the factory chrome had really faded, it's all satin black now. Show photos tomorrow.

Haven't really calculated accurately yet, but I guess around 18-20 mpg (U.K. Gallon don't forget) ;)

I've also fabricated an aluminum box for the air filter as it was getting very hot but I need to sort a cold air feed to it now so I'm designing a hood scoop with some ducting underneath directly into the air filter box.
Keep on truckin'!

Offline blackrunner91

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 05:40:16 PM »
Cool, My truck is black so I'm going to be going the de-chroming route also.  Including the wheels probably.  Bushwacker, any chance you've got the wiring info finished?  Not rushing you, just wondering. 

Offline shancerlelby

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 03:49:31 PM »
good looking rig!  are the fender flares on it stock?  i think everyone but north america gets all the cool stuff we dont.  any chance of shippign a set of tail lights like that to me?  ;D

Offline Cebby

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Cebby66
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 10:14:47 PM »
good looking rig!  are the fender flares on it stock?  i think everyone but north america gets all the cool stuff we dont.  any chance of shippign a set of tail lights like that to me?  ;D

I have a set and can put you in contact with the guy I got mine from.
TOOLandFAB.com
A discussion forum dedicated to tools, fabrication & workshops

Offline bushwhacker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 04:12:08 AM »

Hi, the fender flares are stock on the 'wide body' truck (Hilux Surf) that we get over here in the U.K. Very expensive to buy new from Toyota dealers.
The tail lights are stock fitment on Surfs with the tailgate mounted spare wheel.    I painted the black edge around the lights myself.

This is the U.K. Hilux Surf (4Runner site)   http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/index.php?
Keep on truckin'!

Offline shancerlelby

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 01:07:21 AM »
ah okay the custom paint makes sense.  how do you like the stock tails for backing up?  my toyota has no tire carrier so i have the plate mounted reverse lights which aren't great.  would the down under tail lights be different from our version of the tire mount equipped tail lights? 

Offline bushwhacker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 04:39:57 PM »
ah okay the custom paint makes sense.  how do you like the stock tails for backing up?  my toyota has no tire carrier so i have the plate mounted reverse lights which aren't great.  would the down under tail lights be different from our version of the tire mount equipped tail lights? 

The stock plate mounted reverse lights are about as much use as a couple of candles, so I've soldered some halogen bulbs in them, plus I now have the new tail light clusters too, (Direct replacement) so reversing is now much easier at night. 8)

p.s. I'm still waiting to see photos of other trucks!!!! ;D
Keep on truckin'!

Offline blackrunner91

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 07:30:05 PM »
Ahhh. I see, I didn't even realize that you had painted the stock tail lights.  I guess that's the difference.  It looks good and I'll probably do the same.  How are you going about painting your chrome trim?  Oh and I'll have plenty of pics after I get my truck wired and out of the shop.  I can hardly wait to drive it out of the shop.  All I need is to wire it up and find a radiator that fits. 

Offline shancerlelby

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 10:37:45 PM »
wish i had a 1uz to show off.  but i don't.  still running on the stock 3vz,  limping would be more like it tho lol. 

cruiser coils,  bj spacers with relaxed torsions.  33x12.5 bfg mt's.  one time use rock sliders are gone (running boards)

how do you like your 1uz with the auto in it?  i keep thinking it would be alot easier to mate to the stock 5 speed but would rather have an auto personally  (without the headache of cebbys  3 year build :P
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 10:39:57 PM by shancerlelby »

Offline bushwhacker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 03:20:39 PM »
Nice truck,  that colour (sorry, color!  ;)) 2nd gen is pretty rare over here.

The Lexus transmission I'm using  seems to shift throught the gears too quickly, but that might be due to the speed sensor not working, or the larger tyres. Getting a replacement sensor this week.
Shifting manually, the  perfomance is stunning, surprised a lot of cars away from the lights recently, even a BMW X5 couldn't lose me.  ;D
Keep on truckin'!

Offline shancerlelby

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 12:03:44 AM »
thanks,  i really dig the butterscotch colour,  its great for looking alot cleaner than it is.  Your truck looks like it could fit a larger tyre and might make the trans shift points wider?  i know on twistys toy hes running the toyota 5 speed but he seems to like the 4.88's and the lexus motor for the 35"s  wonder how the lexus auto box would like them? 

Offline bushwhacker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 07:47:12 AM »
thanks,  i really dig the butterscotch colour,  its great for looking alot cleaner than it is.  Your truck looks like it could fit a larger tyre and might make the trans shift points wider?  i know on twistys toy hes running the toyota 5 speed but he seems to like the 4.88's and the lexus motor for the 35"s  wonder how the lexus auto box would like them? 

Yep, I'm going to get some 33"s and some 10"X 15" Mikey Thompson Classic IIs with the largest back spacing I can as soon as these tyres wear out.

Some more photos.............. ;D

Got to re-paint the hood after I've finished modifying it. ;)
Keep on truckin'!