Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 178
ok, so this is the swap im gonna do
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:

Author Topic: ok, so this is the swap im gonna do  (Read 6019 times)

Offline 76ANTHONY

• View Profile
    • Email
ok, so this is the swap im gonna do
« on: July 24, 2008, 12:52:11 PM »
ok i finally decided this is the swap i'll be doing. sounds tough, but also sounds like it will produce the best power for the buck. there are about 20 of these engines around me so here comes the questions.
1. what year is best for the swap. i own a 1990 4runner v6 4x4.
2. i see we can make this smog legal in cali, great cause i live in palm springs. i want pre obd2 correct?
3. the trans, ive read and read on this and i think i can change the bellhousing and ?
4. HOW BADAZZ IS IT TO HAVE A V8 IN A RUNNER ;D

Offline toyminator

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: ok, so this is the swap im gonna do
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 06:45:25 AM »
You will want a front sump LS400 from 1991-1994, unless you have done a SAS to it.  Your gonne need to get exhaust manifolds and oil filter adapter from an SC400 unles you have something else in mind because the LS400's won't fit.
1989 P/U
1988 4Runner

Offline 76ANTHONY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 09:16:37 AM »
ok, added to the list. thanks
scott

Offline bushwhacker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 10:44:49 AM »
I've fitted a 1990 LS400 to my Surf (4Runner) using the stock Lexus manifolds. They fit OK, but only if you have a 2" bodylift. I also fitted an oil filter relocation kit from Summitracing.com together with a 5.0 V8 filter. (see my thred 'New guy sayin' hi') :)
Keep on truckin'!

Offline D.affen

• ICQ Messenger - 255878435
    • View Profile
ok so this is the swap im gonna do
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 01:39:22 PM »
Can you post pics of the mounting holes for the master and slave cyc? I need it I will be doing this swap soon. I know this is old post but I might as well not start a new one. Also pics or where that auto switch is?