Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 178
Deletion of air flow meter
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:

Author Topic: Deletion of air flow meter  (Read 4462 times)

Offline freddy4runner

• MSN Messenger - bj_73@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Deletion of air flow meter
« on: March 05, 2008, 05:03:38 AM »
Has anyone tried to delete the air flow meter from the stanard ecu setup?
Mine started playing up so I disconnected it and the truck goes much better only problem is the check light comes on and the idle is a bit irratic.

Is there a way it can be wired so the check light goes out and the idle improves?
1995 4runner sr5 v6 limited with alloy bullbar, 2" OME lift and spotties, 32" BFG'S. 1UZFE in the garage being prepared for installation.

Offline 91_4x4runner

• Global Moderator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - aimislame15
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Deletion of air flow meter
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 12:58:31 PM »
Chances are, the truck is running in limp mode with the AFM disconnected. It measures the air temp and flow of air to the engine. The only other thing that can control the air to fuel ratio then is the oxygen sensor, which is a narrowband sensor.

I've scoured the net for a little while but it seems the only people deleting their AFM's are moving to after-market ECUs with wideband sensors.
91 4Runner
78 280Z
92 SC400