Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:

Author Topic: 2UZ FE engine Weight - specs  (Read 18507 times)

Offline Jay

• View Profile
    • Email
2UZ FE engine Weight - specs
« on: August 25, 2007, 06:01:53 AM »

I believe the Engine Weights for the '04 and '05 are Reversed.

The '04 has the cast alloy intake [heavy] and cast alloy oil filler pipe -
which are Injection molded Plastic on the '05 - '06 VVTi engines.

'04 / 540 Lbs.
'05 / 529 Lbs.

The compressed graphite Iron cylinder block weighs 82 Lbs. more than does
th 4.0 / 4.3 1UZ Fe / 3UZ Fe engines.

For the stability offered and the larger bore / longer stroke - the 2UZ Fe is the engine of choice.

Offline Cebby

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Cebby66
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2UZ FE engine Weight - specs
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 12:40:40 PM »
For the stability offered and the larger bore / longer stroke - the 2UZ Fe is the engine of choice.

That's a pretty bold statement.  The 2UZFE block is a good starting point for making a high horsepower engine, but as a stock motor swap in - with a weaker bottom end (in stock form), weaker connecting rods, and considerably heavier package, stock 1UZ to stock 2UZ, I'll take a early 1UZ any day.  Cheap, light, and bulletproof.
TOOLandFAB.com
A discussion forum dedicated to tools, fabrication & workshops

Offline 91_4x4runner

• Global Moderator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - aimislame15
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 02:00:38 PM »
I'm with Cebby... have you seen the rods on the 2UZ's? They're tiny compared to both the 1 and 3 UZ!

There are people making 500whp on a stock 1UZ (unopened), with a certain Celica coming to mind. Find a 2UZ with a stock block putting down those numbers.
91 4Runner
78 280Z
92 SC400

Offline Smitherz

• ICQ Messenger - 39901198
    • MSN Messenger - ryan@westcoastmafia.com
    • View Profile
    • Fourwheelforum
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 08:49:38 AM »
How about the most important factor... cost! The 1UZ can be had any day of the weak for under $1000 with everything you need. And then if you are modding things it's a lot strong and you don't have to worry about working with the VVti. The weight difference is a big factor for me indeed. The first time I unloaded my first 1UZ and moved it around I was shocked how light it was. If you have a choice between losing more weight or gaining horsepower, losing the weight wins every time. It costs a lot of money to make the kind of horsepower that would give you the kind of performance that losing 100 lbs does. When it comes to all around handling like in any kind of racing HP isn't a huge factor in most cases. The handling and acceleration (of course acceleration is a measurement in any direction including side to side and braking) are most important and that's the reason I went with the 1UZ. You can get all the power you want out of the 2UZ but you can't ever make it as light as the 1uz. Erol over at Lextreme could choose any engine he wants to power his clients open wheel race car and he being the wise engineer that he is, he chose the 1UZ even though he has all the funding for whatever he needs.

Ivanman Stewerts last Toyota factory backed Baja 1000 truck was 1UZ powered and of course it was a winner. Just cause I want to be cool I easily chose the 1UZ to be like Ironman Stewart. I can't think of another engine I would use instead. Well if I had a larger budget I would go with the new LS7!! Now that is an amazing engine.
Professional Garage Monkey / http://www.fourwheelforum.com/