Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/uzswap.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 178
84 4runner 1uz-fe
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:

Author Topic: 84 4runner 1uz-fe  (Read 11014 times)

Offline ice_spy

• View Profile
    • Email
84 4runner 1uz-fe
« on: May 29, 2007, 02:17:13 AM »
heres few pics of my truck, with the motor installed. Feel free to ask me any questions about fitting the 1uz into these model 4runner's/hilux's. I will try to help all i can.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 04:15:10 AM by ice_spy »
88 4runner, 84 solid diff rail, ARB 2" susp.,ARB front whinch bar, SAFARI snorkle, custom rear bar, 3"body lift, 8"CSA mags, BFG' 32"s, and of course 1UZ-FE !

Offline 91_4x4runner

• Global Moderator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - aimislame15
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 84 live diff rail with 88 body and 1uz-fe
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 06:45:47 AM »
Have you thought of making the intake path shorter and turning the plenum 180ยบ? You could cut out like 2-3' of pipe..
91 4Runner
78 280Z
92 SC400

Offline ice_spy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 10:53:45 PM »
I WISH ! but the ISV would hit my heater hoses and firewall, its already as far forward as i can get it and i aint changing mounts now!, but the biggest problem is, us down here in Aus drive on the wrong side of the road therefor our steering wheel is on your passengers side, and all the cables, like the throttle cable. So that would require some sort of nifty design to to make the cable work, or i dont know if i can get a custom cable that would bend 180' to reach the THB. yeah i hate the intake clogging my engine bay, hidding those neat covers on the engine, most guys ive seen run a air box and swap sides with the battery, but i really wanted to keep my snorkle for clean cool air intake. The only other possibility would be to run it down under the pulleys and then back up, but that would make for 1 hell of a long intake plumbing. Also a lot of buggering around to swap 180' with hoses and joinging componets, not saying it cant be done, just another mod i didnt want to undertake when all i had to do was get some flexy hose and join up the exsisiting airbox/snorkle. Maybe 1 day but thanks for your idea.
88 4runner, 84 solid diff rail, ARB 2" susp.,ARB front whinch bar, SAFARI snorkle, custom rear bar, 3"body lift, 8"CSA mags, BFG' 32"s, and of course 1UZ-FE !

Offline ice_spy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 10:22:19 PM »
heres a pic of my upgraded fuel system. running a VL turbo delivery pump with a carter pre pump. Does anybody think this should be sufficent for the 1uz? or will i need a bigger pump?

Offline ice_spy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 11:14:23 PM »
After all my troubles, money and time spent with mechanics, auto electricians and mates or forums, i can only highly reccomend 2 people.

SIDESHOW (sss automotive) in NSW Sydney.

or

SCOTT HAMPSON (venom custom fabrications) in QLD Brisbane.

Scott wired my factory ECU / Loom and Sideshow diagnosed and fixed any problems i had with set up / tuning issues.

THESE MEN KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING with 1UZ's

Many thanks guys. Im a happy camper now     

Offline liveoffroad

• View Profile
Re: 84 4runner 1uz-fe
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 03:36:21 PM »
hey, i'm looking into doing the same swap on my 84. do you have an estimate of time and money spend on the project? what about difficulty...what were the major setbacks?
i appreciate your help!
Ben

Offline Gaslight

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 84 4runner 1uz-fe
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 08:35:21 AM »
Does not look like this has been updated in awhile but I am thinking about doing this conversion as well.  How did you go about mating the 1U to the 4runner trans or did you update to a different trans/transfer case?

Jake